How to integrate your Quickbooks Online account with Ollie Order to streamline your invoicing and accounting process. This feature requires an upgrade to Ollie+ for pricing details learn more here.
Connecting to Intuit’s Quickbooks Online is a great way to keep your bookkeeping account in sync with your Ollie account for Payments, Refunds, and Credits.
In order to connect your Ollie account with your Intuit Quickbooks Online account, there are just a couple of quick steps needed.
First once logged in to Ollie, visit the Settings page and scroll down to Quickbooks Integration.
Select “Manage Integration”. You will be prompted to complete a couple of preferences that are unique to your Quickbooks Online account.
On Ollie Order, go to Settings > Quickbooks Integration, and select Manage Integration
1) Connect Quickbooks Accounts
2) Configure your QBO account
Select and link the appropriate accounts within your accounting set-up. Ollie will need the below account information about your accounting setup. You will likely have many of those accounts already set up and therefore can skip some of the steps below. If you have any doubts, please consult your accountant on best practices for the QuickBooks setup.
1. Income Account - This is where Ollie will send invoices and record sales. To track sales on the Ollie platform separately you might want to create a separate account called "Ollie Order - Sales” or you may choose an existing account you have, like “Sales”.
To create a new account in quickbooks goto: Accounting > Chart of Accounts and click New.
2. Container Deposit- It's good practice to track your container deposits as a different product type. To create a new product go to: Sales > Products and Services. Then Create a Non-Inventory Product called Ollie Order - Container Deposits.
3. Container Deposit Tax Code - Ollie will generate a separate line item on QBO for each product that has deposits and assign this tax code to it. You mostly likely already have an “Exempt” tax code. To find out go to Taxes > Manage Sales Taxes.
4. GST Tax Code - Products sent to QBO with GST will have this tax code applied to them. You will most likely have this tax code in place. (If not, please see Step 5)
5. GST & PST Liquor Tax Code - Combined tax for liquor products where both GST and PST apply. Go to: Taxes > Manage Sales Taxes > Add Tax > Add a Custom Tax and Agency.
Head to Step 2: Connect Ollie to Quickbooks Online to continue!